Government of India made it mandatory to enroll for Aadhaar Card for all resident Indians including Infants(Child). Aadhaar is introduced to identify individuals identity and to reduce tax evasion by them.
Aadhaar is nothing but a 12 digit unique reference number indicating one’s identity. Now Aadhaar is mandatory for all types of verification including Bank a/c opening, Passport verification, Driving Licence allotment, Tax-Audit etc.
Aadhaar Enrollment Process–
- You can go to any Aadhaar Enrollment centre notified by the government on the official website-http://www.uidai.gov.in
2. Now-a-days government sponsored banks, Post Offices, BSNL are authorised to enroll as Aadhaar fulfillment centers. You can also visit e-seva centres, but as of now they are temporary disabled due to mis-representation of age factor in order to avail government welfare schemes.
3. Fill the enrollment form in “Block” Letters, duly signed and submit it along with the supporting documents of proof of Address and proof of Identity
4.Address Proof documents include-
- Bank Pass Book
- Pass Port
- Voter id
- Ration Card
- Bank a/c statement not older than 6 months duly attested by the bank manager
- Driving Licence
- Any other Photo identity proof issued by the government/ institutions.
5.Identity Proof Documents required are-
- Pan Card
- Ration Card
- Voter Id
- Driving Licence.
6. By submitting proof of address and proof of identity documents specified above, You have to submit your Biometrics like finger prints and Iris(eye)scan
7. The aadhaar enrollment centers will take a digital snapshot of yours and you will be allotted 14 digit enrollment number
8. The status of the aadhar issuance can be tracked online on the official website-www.uidai.gov.in
9.The enrollment number should be kept with you safely until you received original aadhaar card
10. Aadhaar card can be downloaded online from the site using your enrollment number.
That’s it!! You finally get aadhaar number which is a must and should for every Indian resident.
Note– Now-a-days uidai allows you to book slots to avoid heavy rush at the aadhaar enrollment centres. If you don’t wish to stand in long Queues, book your slot online at your preferred time and enjoy the service!!.