PAN (Permanent Account Number) is an unique identification number issued by Income Tax of India. Now-a-days PAN is mandatory to do higher financial transactions as Banks asks for PAN Number frequently. Recently Government of India made PAN Mandatory and it has to be linked with aadhaar number on or before 30 september 2021.
As all Financial Institutions asks for PAN, applying off-line is lenghty process where it takes several weeks to receive PAN to your address. So to speed-up this process, Online PAN application has been introduced.
Applying For PAN Online–
- To apply for Pan, visit UTITSL(https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/index.jsp)or NSDL( https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html) sites.
2. The applicant has to pay 864 Rupees(if the communicated address is foreign) and 93 rupees for Indian Address. Please note that the above charges are exclusive of GST(Goods and Service Tax).
3. Submit Proof of Identity and Proof of Address documents online affixed with a recent photograph and digital signature.
4. Make Payment through any of the Payment Methods(Debit/Credit Card, Internet Banking) and once the payment is successful send the document proofs to NSDL e-Gov, Income Tax PAN Services Unit at 4th Floor Mantri Sterling , Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016
5. PAN will be issued once the supporting documents are received to NSDL PAN unit.
Here’s it! Your Pan number will be allotted after successful verification of the documents
Please Note– If the applicant gives office address as proof, he/she is entitled to show Proof of Residence and Proof of Office documents.
As Pan is mandatory to do financial transactions, if you don’t have one, Apply it Now.
It is illegal to have 2 Pan cards in the name of one person. So, if you have 2 Pan Cards, make sure to cancel 1 Pan Card by requesting NSDL.