If any central government employee demises during the service period Government slightly modifies the ex-gratia norms. The modified norms are as follows-
- Earlier if any central government employee demises, Compensation would be paid to eligible pensioners under CCS Rules
- As per the modified norms, it will be paid to nominees from now-on-wards.
- If the employee doesn’t nominate anyone, Compensation will be paid equally to family members.
- Even if the employee is unmarried and he doesn’t have dependents, he can’t nominate other person who is not a relative to him
- If the employee has dependents, but choose other person who is not blood relative to him, under any circumstances ex-gratia will not be paid to him(Only Nominees that too blood relation members can only claim compensation)
So as per Government orders, if any central government employee demises during the service period, ex-gratia will be paid to nominees.