Till Now, If any bank customer is dissatisfied wiith their respective bank service, they can lodge complaint to Ombudsman for further action. Likewise for NBFC’s(Non-Banking Financial Corporations)and for digital payments grievances there are seperate ombudsman entities till now.
But from now-on-wards, the process has been changed! The customer can lodge complaint on any of the above entities through a common platform- “Integrated Ombudsman Scheme“. This is a new initiative by RBI to redressal consumer complaints more faster.
What Up To Now and What’s New From Here onwards- Till now seperate ombudsman entities are engaged in redressing consumer complaints. There are-
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme working for Banking grievances since 1995
- The Ombudsman Scheme For Non-Banking Finance Companies working for redressing complaints of NBFC’s since 2018
- The Ombudsman Sheme For Digital Transactions to work-out on grievances of digital transactions since 2019.
From Now-Onwards all the three ombudsman schemes are united to form “Integrated Ombudsman Scheme”, an RBI initiative to make “One Nation, One Ombudsman”
How to Lodge complaint under RBI Integrated Ombudsman Scheme?
- Consumers can log-on to https://cms.rbi.org.in to lodge their complaints online
- There is an option to send an email or a physical letter to chandigard centralised receipt and processing centre to lodge complaints manually
- As it is a new feature , as a trail it has been operating from chandigarh centralised processing centre and it is expected to implement the scheme allover India sooner.
- Consumers can also call Toll Free Number 14448 to lodge complaint in 8 Regional languages including English and Hindi
- Sooner the remaining Indian Languages are available through the Toll Free Contact Centre
After lodging complaint, you can track the status online and avail instant services. Consumer can give feedback on the grievance lodged from time-to-time