For those who prefer contraian view(Opposite view of the market trend)SBI Contra Fund is a good bet. The fund manager follows contraian trend of “buying when the market is at low point” and “Selling when the market is at peak levels”
So there is a risk associated with it, even though it may rewards most of the times. If you can bear such risks, then you should consider “SBI Contra Fund”
SBI Contra Fund Details–
- Fund Launch Date-July 14th,1999(Regular Plan),1st January,2013(Direct Plan)
- Benchmark-S&P BSE 500 TRI
- Assets Under Management-3,106 Crore
- Returns Since Launch-19.08%(Regular Plan),15.14%(Direct Plan)
- Expense Ratio-2.09(Regular Plan),1.47%(Direct Plan)
- Turnover Ratio-81%
- Fund Manager- Dinesh Balachandran(Since 2018, May 4th)
SBI Contra Fund Investment Details–
- Minimum Lumpsum Investment-5000 Rupees
- Minimum Additional Investment-1000 Rupees
- Minimum SIP amount-500 Rupees
- Exit Load- 1% would be charged if redeemmed within 365 days from the date of investment.
SBI Contra Fund Performance over Benchmark–
|Parameter||Year To Date||1 Day||1 Week||1 Month||3 Month||6 Month||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||7 Year||10 Year|
|S%P BSE 500 TRI(Benchmark)||24.64||-2.99||-4.08||-5.88||3.38||12.64||34.54||18.25||17.26||12.16||15.47|
|SBI Contra Regular Plan Performance||45.90||-3.05||-2.59||-1.71||10.84||17.86||64.35||24.23||17.09||13.03||15.74|
|SBI Contra Direct Plan Performance|
From the above performance chart, we can conclude- “SBI Contra Fund” is a good fund with consistent performance over all market cycles.
But do remember this fund follows contraian view, only risk takers can consider this fund. If you are not aware of your risk profile, consult a good financial planner and he will suggest you whether this fund would be suitable for you or not by analysing your risk profile.